Monday, 25 June 2012

Geargoyle Recycled Metal Art by David James

From the artist, "I've been a metal enthusiast for as long as I can remember. As a kid, I was frustrated by building a tree house, and wished I could just weld it together. At age 14, I bought a "welding kit" at a yardsale, and ended up just torching things for several days. Finally at age 18, My uncle bought me a little MIG setup, and I've had it busy since!

Metal feels like it has endless possibilities to me. Because it is so malleable, and so easily placed where I choose, I can let my imagination run wild. Besides being into welding, I'm huge into automotive things, so for years now, as I've worked on vehicles, I've been collecting the parts I thought looked cool, or might be useful in some way. This year I started turning those into art!"

MEDUSA THE LOCKBOT


BRUISER THE TURTLE TANK


AUDIO THE ROBOT


SLINK THE WIENER DOG


CHAMBER STICK CANDLE


HOT ROD TANK

To view these and more fantastic recycled metal sculptures 
please go to:

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment